Attention: A case of Lyme disease has been reported from a visitor who was bitten by a tick while at Jesse Stuart State Nature Preserve. Please be sure to examine yourself for ticks while hiking at the preserve. Upon returning home, it is suggested that you carefully inspect yourself to prevent ticks from becoming attached. For more information on Lyme disease visit http://chfs.ky.gov/dph/epi/tickborne.htm#LD.
Dedicated December 7, 1979, Jesse Stuart State Nature Preserve is located in Greenup County and 714 acres. The preserve was acquired through a gift-purchase arrangement with the internationally known author, Jesse Stuart. The area is used for passive recreation and environmental education.
- Features - hills and hollows made famous in Stuart's writings
- Access - three miles of trail over uneven terrain, moderate
- Facilities - none
- Parking - six cars; one bus
- Activities - hiking, birding, literature study, etc.
- Directions - Greenup County. From the junction of I-64 and KY 1 north of Grayson, follow KY 1 north for 20 miles, turn left onto W-Hollow Road. Drive 1.5 miles to parking area on right side of road.